**Pools will switch to modified hours beginning August 15th.
Vista will be closed during the week, Foothills will be open, and both pools will be open weekends. Pools close for the summer September 4th**
**As of August 1st, all 3rd quarter assessments are past due. To check your balance and to make a payment, please see the assessment page for this helpful TIP SHEET**
**Board agenda for 8/9 meeting, is available for review HERE.
More important events HERE
FIRST FRIDAY, AUG. 4
Vista Clubhouse 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Join us for a luau! Grass skirts and coconut bras if you dare! No RSVP is required but we ask everyone to BYOB and an appetizer or dessert to share. New residents are welcome and encouraged to attend.
We had some burgers and brats left over from Trash Mash that we froze. We will have them thawed and the grill will be hot - first come, first served.
Gary & Linda Anderson (5596)
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
STRINGS BY THE POOL, Thursday, August 10
Vista Clubhouse, 6:30 p.m.
Please join us for our second and final string quartet concert this summer. Gates will be open at 5:30 and you are welcome to bring a picnic. Alcohol is allowed but NO GLASS PLEASE. In the event of inclement weather, the concert will be held inside Vista.
Larisa Fesmire, long time Genesee resident, and her group provided fantastic music at our June concert, and an added bonus for August’s concert will be Larry Struble’s amazing fiddling. Larry is Larisa’s father and he has entertained us for many years. We’re very excited that he can join us again. You don’t want to miss this!
Genesee Sustainability News
Check out our newest Alpine sustainability report HERE!
- you conserved 2980 gallons of oil!
- you saved 299 trees!
- you helped 4 truck loads of trash avoid the landfill!
- you saved 98,687 gallons of water
- you saved enough electricity to power the average US home for 5268 days!
WAY TO GO GENESEE!!
Open Space Updates:
*SLASH PICKUP HAS ALREADY ENDED* If you need a large quantity of pine needle bags picked up, please call Alpine Waste Management at phone: 303-744-9881. If you have questions about getting rid of any slash, please consult HERE.
See below for some fantastic info on our hiking trails and native wildflowers!
Lost “Community News” email?
Each Thursday the Foundation staff sends a newsletter about happenings in our community. The newsletters have become popular. However, some residents ask why they don’t receive them. Here are two possible reasons and a solution for each:
- The Foundation Office does not have your email address.This is easily solved by sending an email to email@example.com asking to be placed on the email list.
- If you have set up a “Promotions Tab” for Gmail then that’s where the Google robots place our newsletter, a place that is easily overlooked.This is also easily solved.Just click and drag the “Community News” from the Promotions list to the Priority tab. Subsequently, our newsletter will appear in your Priority inbox -- happy reading.
-Genesee Foundation Communications Committee