**Pools will switch to modified hours beginning August 15th.
Vista will be closed during the week, Foothills will be open, and both pools will be open weekends. Pools close for the summer September 4th**
*Board meeting minutes are now available on the website
**As of August 1st, all 3rd quarter assessments are past due. To check your balance and to make a payment, please see the assessment page for this helpful TIP SHEET**
More important events HERE
STRINGS BY THE POOL, Thursday, August 10
Vista Clubhouse, 6:30 p.m.
Please join us for our second and final string quartet concert this summer. Gates will be open at 5:30 and you are welcome to bring a picnic. Alcohol is allowed but NO GLASS PLEASE. In the event of inclement weather, the concert will be held inside Vista.
Larisa Fesmire, long time Genesee resident, and her group provided fantastic music at our June concert, and an added bonus for August’s concert will be Larry Struble’s amazing fiddling. Larry is Larisa’s father and he has entertained us for many years. We’re very excited that he can join us again. You don’t want to miss this!
ATTENTION—Genesee Women's Group
KICK OFF MEETING
August 29 @ VISTA CLUBHOUSE @ 6:00 pm
Contact Sally.email@example.com—to RSVP
Genesee Sustainability News
Check out our newest Alpine sustainability report HERE!
- you conserved 2980 gallons of oil!
- you saved 299 trees!
- you helped 4 truck loads of trash avoid the landfill!
- you saved 98,687 gallons of water
- you saved enough electricity to power the average US home for 5268 days!
WAY TO GO GENESEE!!
Open Space Updates:
Hiking is a wonderful outdoor activity, and Genesee has beautiful trails! Please remember to stay on the trail system, be aware and respectful of others' properties, and any "No Trespassing" signs posted. Thank you!
See below for some fantastic info on our hiking trails and native wildflowers!
Do you like taking nature photography? We would love to see your photos! If you'd like them considered for the Genescene, website or our social media...please send photos and consent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Photos shall only be used with the permission of the owner of the photo, and will be credited. All submission images must be at least 30 low-resolution (72 dpi), 400 pixels and no more than 800 pixels in height or width, for ease of review. Recommended camera quality is 5 megapixels or more, with all photos being in JPEG, TIFF, or GIF formats. Higher resolution photos will have a better possibility of being posted, with preference given to nature photos and community events. Photos submitted without a general photo consent will not be included for use. This refers to any individuals who are clearly identified in submitted photographs.
Lost “Community News” email?
Each Thursday the Foundation staff sends a newsletter about happenings in our community. The newsletters have become popular. However, some residents ask why they don’t receive them. Here are two possible reasons and a solution for each:
- The Foundation Office does not have your email address. This is easily solved by signing up online at www email@example.com asking to be placed on the email list.
- If you have set up a “Promotions Tab” for Gmail then that’s where the Google robots place our newsletter, a place that is easily overlooked.This is also easily solved.Just click and drag the “Community News” from the Promotions list to the Priority tab. Subsequently, our newsletter will appear in your Priority inbox -- happy reading.
-Genesee Foundation Communications Committee