**Finance committee meeting changed to
August 1st at Vista at 2pm**
*Open meeting policy review HERE*
More important events HERE
Music in the Meadow, Sunday, July 23, 2017
Vista Meadow, due west of the Vista Clubhouse. 5:30PM
Hazel Miller will be performing with her entire band.
• As has been the case in past years, we offer Genesee musicians the opportunity to open the show beginning at 5:30pm Interested musicians should contact Mark at 720-938-1025 as soon as possible to get a time slot.
• Hazel will start at 6pm and play until 8pm weather permitting.
• Genesee’s own Berner Barn Smokehouse will be serving barbeque plates and sides. We will also have a dessert vendor.
• There will be no alcoholic beverages for sale but you are welcome to bring your own – and please use extreme caution with glass.
• If the event is cancelled due to weather, we will reschedule for Sunday, July 30, 2017.
• This is a non-smoking event.
• We still seek sponsors for this important event. Businesses and individuals willing to make a donation, have their name displayed, and be announced as a sponsor during the event are urged to contact Deb at email@example.com.
• Limited street parking is available. Please be considerate of neighbors when parking.
NATIONAL NIGHT OUT *rain or shine*
Vista Clubhouse- August 1, 4-7:30
- Pool Games start at 4pm
- BBQ is 5 - 7:30 pm behind the clubhouse
This is the first time Genesee will participate in National Night Out, a family-friendly event that brings neighborhoods together with their first responders and strengthens community bonds. This is a big event in many neighborhoods across the country and now internationally. Genesee Fire & Safety Committee is bringing this event to Genesee. Our Jeffco Sheriffs will participate with one of their specialty teams. Our own Genesee Fire Rescue will also join in. This is a chance for us to get together and enjoy our beautiful environs, friendly neighbors, and good food. Genesee Pub and BBQ is helping sponsor the event and will provide catered BBQ. We'll have limited beer and wine. But bring your own beverages for the evening.
In order to ensure we have enough food, please call the office (303-526-0284
) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
and let them know how many will attend. By July 27th.
FIRST FRIDAY, AUG. 4
Vista Clubhouse 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Join us for a luau! Grass skirts and coconut bras if you dare! No RSVP is required but we ask everyone to BYOB and an appetizer or dessert to share. New residents are welcome and encouraged to attend.
We had some burgers and brats left over from Trash Mash that we froze. We will have them thawed and the grill will be hot - first come, first served.
Gary & Linda Anderson (5596)
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
STRINGS BY THE POOL, Thursday, August 10
Vista Clubhouse, 6:30 p.m.
Please join us for our second and final string quartet concert this summer. Gates will be open at 5:30 and you are welcome to bring a picnic. Alcohol is allowed but NO GLASS PLEASE. In the event of inclement weather, the concert will be held inside Vista.
Larisa Fesmire, long time Genesee resident, and her group provided fantastic music at our June concert, and an added bonus for August’s concert will be Larry Struble’s amazing fiddling. Larry is Larisa’s father and he has entertained us for many years. We’re very excited that he can join us again. You don’t want to miss this!
Open Space Updates:
Our summer slash pickup event is still continuing.
You can find more detailed information
about what is being picked up, HERE.
Weed Spraying Notice
Weed spraying along Genesee Roads and open space will occur July 3 through July 28.
Genesee works to control its weed populations to prevent them from overrunning our native plants as well as to meet the State’s mandatory weed control laws. Please call the Open Space Manager if you have any questions.
Areas will be posted if they are located along hiking trails and a map will be posted in the Vista Clubhouse.
- Robert Elliott email@example.com
Lost “Community News” email?
Each Thursday the Foundation staff sends a newsletter about happenings in our community. The newsletters have become popular. However, some residents ask why they don’t receive them. Here are two possible reasons and a solution for each:
- The Foundation Office does not have your email address.This is easily solved by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking to be placed on the email list.
- If you have set up a “Promotions Tab” for Gmail then that’s where the Google robots place our newsletter, a place that is easily overlooked.This is also easily solved.Just click and drag the “Community News” from the Promotions list to the Priority tab. Subsequently, our newsletter will appear in your Priority inbox -- happy reading.
-Genesee Foundation Communications Committee