On February 7th you have an opportunity to
TAKE CHARGE OF THE FUTURE!
CHARTING THE FUTURE TOGETHER:
Developing Genesee’s Recreational
Spaces and Trails
The Facilities Committee invites all Foundation members to participate in the first of two public forums as we work to understand your vision for our recreational spaces and hiking trails. And yes, even our school aged children (7 years and up) are encouraged to participate. Who uses the playground and the courts more than our kiddos? We want to hear from them as well as from our adults! This will be an interactive working session, lead by our project partner HCM. There will be a brief introduction and project overview, followed by small group conversations and exercises designed to gather information about issues, limitations, wants and desires. We want to hear from you! What do YOU believe are opportunities and constraints surrounding the future development of our recreational sites and our community trails? What changes would YOU like to see? What should stay the same? Let’s begin talking!
- February 7th at Flatirons Community Church – Lower Lobby: 24887 Genesee Trail Rd.
- Doors will open at 6:30 pm with light refreshments; workshop from 7 – 9 pm.
- While the parents attend, there is an option for childcare for the kiddos generally under 7 years: You must RSVP HERE. No drop-in childcare.
Questions: Wally Terhune (email@example.com ) or Beth Moran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
January is National Radon Action Month!
Jefferson Public Health would like to remind you that January is National Radon Action Month. There are currently offering free radon test kits. Read more about it HERE.
1st Friday- February 2
Vista Clubhouse, 6-8:30pm
All are welcome, meet new neighbors & socialize with old friends. No RSVP is necessary.
- The theme for February is: RED
- Dress accordingly- there will be prizes.
- Please BYOB & a dish to share.
- If your last name starts with A-R, bring a salad or appetizer. If you last name starts with S-Z, bring a dessert.
- Your hosts, Mary Sheron and Doug Griffin
GENESEE WOMEN’S FORUM MEETING
JANUARY 30-TUESDAY/ VISTA CLUB HOUSE 6 PM
Please RSVP to SALLY.OVERTON@MINDSPRING.COM
- SPEAKER- Sofia Meyer "Damsel in Defense", Hear about women's safety and protection products: WWW.SAFETYSOFIA.COM
- 2nd Speaker is from Jefferson County Open Space. Topic: Bear killing on lookout mountains, safety issues, living in the mountains, and rattle snakes in our area.
Bring an Appetizer - Drinks will be provided, new residents are welcome! I need volunteers for: February, March , April!