Genesee Open Space
as residents in genesee, we enjoy our open space...
Genesee is a unique residential community located in a biologically diverse foothills ecosystem. The foothills climate zone is an ecological transition between the lower elevation plains and higher elevation mountain zones. Ponderosa pine and Douglas-fir forests dominate the landscape in Genesee, with juniper trees found at lower elevations and warmer south facing slopes. Shade-tolerant Douglas fir trees are located at higher elevations and north facing slopes. The transitional nature of the foothills ecosystem is a key factor contributing to its rich biological diversity. Genesee ecosystem stewardship is guided by overarching principles established by the Genesee Ecosystem Management (GEM) Committee.
- Genesee Trail System
- Pests A-Z
- CO Mountain Gardening Guide
- JeffCo Slash Info
- Colorado Parks & Wildlife
- Colorado State Forest Service
- Colorado Weed Management Assoc.
- Management Plans & Policies
- Genesee weed control, cheat-grass, wildflowers, mistletoe, plants & trees.
* The Colorado State Extension office is the main informational contact for publications on our state's agriculture, animal health, voles, mountain lions, bears, insects, water, yard and garden. Any old articles previously posted on the website, can be found updated there.
* The office sells native grass seed, available for $10 per pound. You can purchase HERE.