Genesee Fire & Safety Committee provides programs and strategies to help educate and protect the lives and property of all Genesee residents from the adverse effects of wildfire as well as exposure to other potentially dangerous situations created by man or nature.
Some key ways we work to reduce risk to residents and homes:
- Encourage residents to register all relevant devices with CodeRED in order to get the most up-to-date emergency information, including evacuation notifications.
- Provide information and tools to facilitate advance planning for possible emergency situations.
- Encourage and facilitate fire mitigation efforts and defensible space plans so residents and firefighters are safer, and homes stand a better chance of withstanding wildfire.
- Help the Genesee Board of Directors and community manager improve community safety so residents continue to enjoy living in a safe environment.
Look for us at community events such as July 4, and National Night Out – a fun, family event we hold in early August featuring a Jefferson County Sheriff’s unit.
Drop in to one of our meetings held the second Tuesday of the month at 2:30 p.m. at Oxley Homestead across from Vista Clubhouse. We always welcome new committee members so consider joining.
- Beth Moran- Chair
- Tom Harris- Patrol Liaison
- Chris Garlasco- Board Liaison
- Nancy Balter
- Ed Byrne
- Mark Colville
- Laurie DiBattista
- Joe Nystrom
- Gary Rauchenecker
- Robert Elliott- Staff Advisor