The Architectural Review Committee (ARC) reviews all submittals for any exterior changes to property in the Genesee Foundation.
All meetings are open to the residents, but residents do not have to be present for the ARC to review their submittal. Each item to be considered at the ARC meeting is posted prior to the meeting. Submittal deadlines are on Friday at 12:00 noon. Items are posted for either five or ten days depending upon the submittal. Review posting information for deadline dates.
The Architectural Review Committee (ARC) consists of five members: three are residents who volunteer their time and two are paid professionals with expertise in land planning, site planning and architecture. Of the three volunteer members, the residents elect one and the Genesee Foundation Board of Directors appoints the remaining two members. Each resident member serves for a renewable one-year term.
The ARC reviews all submittals for any new construction or landscaping or changes to the exterior of an existing home or landscaping. The submittal deadline is the Friday before an upcoming meeting at 12:00 noon and each item to be considered at an ARC meeting is posted onsite for either five or ten days prior to that meeting, depending upon the type of submittal.
The ARC meets on the first and third Thursday of each month at the Oxley Homestead starting at 8:30am. All meetings are open to all residents and residents do not have to be present for the ARC to review their submittal. The Oxley Homestead is located at 24426 Currant Drive, across from the Vista Clubhouse.
Note that construction hours are M-F 7am-6pm, Saturdays 8am-5pm, and there is no construction allowed on Sundays or legal holidays.
CURRENT ARC MEMBERS
Michael Pantaleo, Todd Crowe - Architect, Lynn Moore - Landscape Architect, Lyla Rauchenecker
Frequently Asked Questions
+ Are there any projects that don't need approval?
- Invisible dog runs require a diagram or plan of placement.
- Moveable planter boxes and plantings in such boxes.
- Hanging flower pots.
- Outdoor furniture, grills and free standing hammocks.
- Moveable wall art or yard ornaments not visible from other Lots, trails on Open Space or roadways.
- The planting of flowers, shrubs or other plants in previously approved areas provided the plants do not exceed six feet in height at maturity.
- Plantings in one area per lot not to exceed 300 square feet which has not previously been approved by the ARC. Notice of said additional area shall be submitted for file documentation purposes within 10 days after planting such an area. Said areas shall not include a hedge or other plantings which serve as a hedge and shall not include plants which exceed six feet in height at maturity. Replacement of a dead tree with an identical species tree of the same or shorter height. The removal of dead trees is still subject to the Genesee Tree Removal Policies and Procedures.
- Satellite dishes not exceeding one (1) meter in diameter. (See Section 2.5.4.)
- Sealcoating of asphalt driveways. The placement of temporary roll offs, sanitary facilities or storage facilities on the driveway of an existing Dwelling which is expected to be removed within sixty (60) days. Seasonal and holiday decorations, subject to the rules of the Genesee Foundation.
- Roof repairs covering 10% or less of the surface of the roof and using identical material to that which was previously approved by the ARC.
- Repainting a Dwelling the same color and materials.
- Installing an invisible dog fence at least ten feet from the property line. Any disturbed ground must be regraded and re-seeded with Genesee grass mix.Any other landscaping or other Improvement must be submitted in advance to the ARC for review.
+ When and where does the ARC meet?
The Architectural Review Committee meets on the first and third Thursday of each month at the Oxley Clubhouse starting at 8:30 a.m. The Oxley Homestead is located at 24426 Currant Drive.
+ What do I need to submit for?
You will need to submit for any exterior changes to property in the Genesee Foundation.
+ When is the submittal deadline?
Submittal deadlines are on Friday at 12:00 noon the week before the meeting.
+ Who is on the ARC?
The ARC consists of five members; three are members who volunteer their time and two are paid professionals with expertise in land planning, site planning, and architecture. Of the volunteer members, the members of the Genesee Foundation elect one and the Genesee Foundation Board of Directors appoints two members.